If you own an investment property in the San Diego, CA area, we can make your life more hassle-free. Welcome to San Diego Real Estate is a full service real estate and property management team with a focus on Downtown, Coronado and Point Loma.
We offer a range of property management services from tenant procurement to complete full-service property management and maintenance services. Choose the plan that best suits your needs!
Since finding the right tenant is so critical, in successful property management, we use extensive marketing and applicant screenings to improve resident quality. This pays dividends for both our tenant acquisition and full service clients.
Full Service Property Management
Our full service property management service is perfect for the investment property owner who wants to be “hands-off”. For full service property management, we charge 9% of the monthly rent. There is a minimum $100 charge per month even if the property is not yet occupied by a tenant. We manage the property whether it is occupied or unoccupied so we still have to do accounting and correct issues on unoccupied properties.
Our full service property management includes the same services as our tenant placement services, and also includes:
- Rent collections
- Direct deposit of monthly net income to owners account
- Tenant relations services
- Working with vendors for property maintenance
- Scheduling unit cleaning between rentals
- Monthly itemized reports for profits and expenses
- Annual summary for tax purposes
We generally have landlords give us authorization, on their behalf, to immediately correct any issues that would cost $300 or less.
Tenant Placement Service
We charge 6% as a fee for marketing, screening and placing a tenant plus $150 for professional photography which includes 20+ photos. This 6% is charged upfront at the time the lease is executed and the tenant takes possession of the property.
At the end of the initial lease term, should you choose to extend the Lease Agreement with the current tenants, we charge 3% as a fee for inspecting the property, reassessing the rent, modifying and/or extending the terms of the agreement, and completing the Lease Agreement extension with all parties.
Other services included in our tenant placement package includes:
- Property marketing, including online publications including Trulia, Zillow, Realtor.com, Craigslist, postlets, hotpads, the MLS and 50+ more websites. We also print up window flyers in the front window of our East Village office located at 875 G Street #108.
- We show the property and arrange showings for other agents 7 days per week.
- We screen applicants pulling the prospect’s credit report(s), do a criminal background check and even do a terrorist search so the property owner has the necessary information to make an informed decision. We also search the San Diego Court system to make sure the prospect does not have judgments or evictions on file. We do a verbal verification of employment, call references, perform web based research and report our findings to the investment property owner. We verify identification with government issued photo ID at time of preparing the lease.
- We take care of complete lease preparation and execution.
- We conduct move-in and move-out inspections, using photos to document the property’s condition.
Our Tenant Placement Service does not include:
- Collecting rent
- Tenant communications
- Repairs or maintenance
- Financial reports